SIGMA AIE, a non-profit grouping of 16 of Spain’s leading academic institutions, aims to help higher education institutions improve their academic management, teaching and research with information technology (IT).
More efficient management of its employees
The group has chosen dasGate and its employee management solution to improve the security of its facilities and offer its employees an enhanced access experience.
After registering easily and quickly, this system allows the group’s employees to access their offices through facial recognition readers; in less than 1 minute and without the need for credentials. Facial readers that also facilitate the control of their working day.
Better access experience thanks to facial biometrics
Through dasGate’s employee management solution, SIGMA offers its employees a more streamlined and convenient office access experience.
How does the system work?
- The employee simply registers on the web portal. From their photo or selfie, a personal and non-transferable biometric credential will be generated with which they will be able to access their workstation.
- After registering, the employee will only have to approach the face reader installed at SIGMA’s access points to be authenticated and gain biometric access, in less than 1 second and without carrying any physical credentials with them.
This system improves the access experience for the employee, who does not need to carry around ID cards or access credentials that can get lost or damaged.
Automated time and attendance
On the other hand, as the face readers are synchronised with the dasGate web portal, they allow employees to keep track of their working hours.
The working hours are automatically recorded when entering and leaving the premises via the terminals.
The portal consists of information panels and reports on registrations and accesses and allows for manual registration of schedules to cover teleworking.
Increased comfort for its employees and greater security on its facilities
The biometric software dasGate uses for its employee management solution is from Veridas, a leading digital identity verification company recognised for its commitment to quality, regulation and compliance.
In addition, Veridas submits its biometric technology to the highest international standards such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the United States, considered one of the best biometric engines in the world. The biometric software dasGate uses for its employee management solution is Veridas, a leading digital identity verification company recognised for its commitment to quality, regulation and compliance.
Thanks to the trust placed in dasGate, SIGMA succeeds:
- Offer a better, simpler and more convenient access experience for your employees.
- An agile control of the working day, without the need for clocking in.
- An increase in the security of SIGMA’s facilities, as only those who really have the right to access them will be able to do so.